Why freephone numbers are trusted by customers
For those of you who run a business, you might not think it, but your phone number can help to say a lot about your company. When potential customers and clients want to contact you, their first instinct is to ring you so that they can get a direct answer from you. While some people will call you regardless of what the number is, others will take a look at what your code is before deciding whether to pick up the phone. Most top businesses have 0800 numbers for a number of reasons, and customers trust them. Here’s why:
- The main reason why 0800 numbers are used by businesses is that they help to make them stand out. 0800 numbers help to give customers the impression that you’re successful and that you have a customer base that spreads far beyond your local area.
- Another reason why customers trust freephone numbers is that, as the name suggests, they’re free to call from landlines. Not having to spend a single penny on enquiring about a product or placing an order is enough to make most customers comfortable with continuing doing business with you.
- Companies that only use their local area code aren’t as effective as they would be with a freephone number for a variety of reasons. If, for example, your company wants to attract customers from outside your locality but, when trying to reach them, they could get put off by a code they don’t recognise. Having 0844 numbers in advertisements implies that your business is successful and also easy to reach, which isn’t the case with companies with local codes.
- Companies with freephone numbers are easier to remember, as codes such as 0800 and 0845 are easy to remember. They tend to stick in the head of people who are regular users of freephone numbers for some time.
- Finally, customers also trust freephone numbers because they have been recognised for a number of years. Something that has that to its name is almost certain to be popular with people, especially when they’re free to use.